Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chosen Desire

let me start off by being honest: my commitment to reading the Word, using tools such as my devotional and music, and to prayer has been anything bu strong lately.

i said that because i stumbled across a great snippet in my devo from a past date that i just didn't get to on that day along with several others.

it's a truth that i'm pretty certain i have known, but never discussed truly.
or said myself in such simple terms. so here it is.

"It may be hard for us to understand, but this salvation for which we
thank God isn't entirely about ourselves. True, we were bought with a price
and shown the magnitude of God's mercy. We were redeemed because we
needed redemption and saved because we needed saving. We were
cleansed of sin because we were dirty and pardoned
because we were treasonous.
But the rhyme and reason of creation isn't humanity.
It's God.
Humans, like all things were created by Him and for Him
(Romans 11:36; Colossians 1:16)....

Our salvation is not a random, happy accident. It is a divine appointment
with a holy Suitor. We have a calling we have not even begun to grasp."
-Chris Tiegreen, Worship the King Devotional

"I knew nothing; I was nothing. For this reason, God picked me out."
-Catherine Laboure
^
^
^
^
God did create this earth from nothing but Him, His nature, His power, His creativity.
i'm pretty sure He can handle the blank canvas of humanity.